Wednesday, February 10, 2010

KE$HA

Kesha (pronounced KESH-uh) described her dress sense as "garbage-chic" to Entertainment Weekly and named Keith Richards as her fashion inspiration. She told Vibe that comfort was most important to her with her fashion choices. She has been noted for her party girl image and told the Herald Sun that "[w]hether people like me or not I just don't care." She went on to say that she was on a "one-woman war against pretension and that she felt people cared too much about how they appeared.

Paul Lester of The Guardian called her "the degenerate Hannah Montana" and stated that "her whole shtick appears to be predicated on the idea that she's a rebel in American Apparel." When asked about being a role model, Kesha said that people could look up to her in some aspects, but not everything. "I do think it's an important thing that happiness and the amount of money you have are mixed. There's absolutely no correlation, because the happiest times of my entire life have been when I didn't have $2."

On the dollar sign in her stage name, Kesha states that she was being ironic, in that she does not believe in placing an emphasis on earning money. It came about after her Flo Rida collaboration achieved success worldwide; and yet she did not receive any money to show for it. When asked about being compared to Lady Gaga and other artists, Kesha said "[a]ny time you want to compare me to a successful woman, I'll totally take that." She got a dollar sign tattoo on her hand for the same reason. Kesha's first tattoo was that of an anchor given to her in Cuba.

I personally find that the first line to the song Tik Tok is in my head more often than I'd like to admit. I also find her antics in the second youtube clip below to be INSANELY annoying.

TIK-TOK


1 comment:

  1. An update: Her album, "Animal", debuted at #1 with 151,492 albums sold. As a sign of the times, 76% of those were downloaded.

    How do you buy your music, fellow adults?

    ReplyDelete