Wednesday, February 10, 2010

LMFAO

LMFAO is a grammy-nominated electro-hop group from Los Angeles, California that consists of DJ/rappers Redfoo (Stefan Gordy) and Sky Blu (Skyler Gordy). Both artists are related to Berry Gordy—Redfoo is the son of the Motown Records founder and Sky Blu is his nephew.

The group's name comes from an Internet conversation that Sky Blu had with his grandmother. LMFAO is currently signed to Interscope Records. They have a single titled "I'm in Miami Bitch" (alternate title "I'm In Miami Trick") which peaked at #51 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Their second single, "La La La," debuted at #61 on the Billboard 100. Their third single "Shots" has currently peaked at 68 on the Billboard Hot 100. LMFAO also provided the opening theme to Kourtney and Khloé Take Miami and Jersey Shore.

My dear readers, I present to you LMFAO:



1 comment:

  1. LMFAO have fucking nailed it with their sound/vibe/aesthetic (this is Youth Decoder though so it's probably already passe with the hip kids). Question is, will their next album be as Paul's Boutique was to Licensed to Ill? Check for Will I Am on keys in the video. San Diego plays the "I'm in 'Diego Trick" version on the radio. Is there an "I'm in Frisco" version? Who calls San Diego "'Diego" or San Francisco "'Frisco"? Pretty rad.

    ReplyDelete